How do we pick the stocks we buy? What drives us to sell? How does new technology impact our attention and behavior? Terrance Odean joins Vasant Dhar in episode 23 of Brave New World to share his learnings over a lifetime of studying behavioral finance.
2.Terrance Odean’s video series on individual investor behavior.
3. All That Glitters: The Effect of Attention and News on the Buying Behavior of Individual and Institutional Investors — Brad M Barber & Terrance Odean.
4. Trading Is Hazardous to Your Wealth: The Common Stock Investment Performance of Individual Investors — Brad M Barber & Terrance Odean.
5. The Behavior of Individual Investors — Brad M Barber & Terrance Odean.
6. Zero-Commission Individual Investors, High Frequency Traders, and Stock Market Quality — Gregory W Eaton, T Clifton Green, Brian Roseman & Yanbin Wu.
7. Thinking Fast and Slow — Daniel Kahneman.
8. Daniel Kahneman on How Noise Hampers Judgement — Episode 21 of Brave New World
9. Dissecting “Noise” — Vasant Dhar.
10. The Disposition to Sell Winners Too Early and Ride Losers Too Long: Theory and Evidence — Hersh Shefrin & Meir Statman.
11. Day-trading reality check: humans are poor investors and even worse traders — Vasant Dhar.
12. Seinfeld: George Does the Opposite.