Is Bitcoin just a bubble, or the first face of the future? What about blockchain and DeFi? Hanna Halaburda and Yannis Bakos join Vasant Dhar in episode 48 of Brave New World to dig deeper into these questions.
1. Hanna Halaburda at NYU Stern, Twitter and Google Scholar.
2. Yannis Bakos at NYU Stern and Google Scholar.
3. On the Internet, nobody knows you’re a dog — New Yorker cartoon.
4. Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System — Satoshi Nakamoto.
5. Michael Saylor: Bitcoin, Inflation, and the Future of Money — Lex Fridman Podcast #276.
6. Artifact of the Month: Ross William Ulbricht’s Laptop.
7. How FBI caught Ross Ulbricht, alleged creator of criminal marketplace Silk Road — Tim Hume.
8. Smart Contracts: Building Blocks for Digital Markets — Nick Szabo.
9. Obelix and the Sleeping Cups — Vasant Dhar.
10. Antoinette Schoar on Decentralized Finance & Crypto — Episode 42 of Brave New World.
11. David Yermack on The Crypto Revolution — Episode 30 of Brave New World.
Check out Vasant Dhar’s newsletter on Substack. Subscription is free!