How can we tell if one country is more innovative than another? What drives that difference? And hey, what is innovation to begin with? Soumitra Datta joins Vasant Dhar in episode 46 of Brave New World to share his insights on innovation, and the lessons they hold for us.
1. Soumitra Datta on Twitter, Wikipedia and Saïd Business School.
2. Does IT Matter? — Nicholas Carr.
3. Global Innovation Index 2020 — Edited by Soumitra Datta, Bruno Lanvin and Sacha Wunsch-Vincent.
4. India Innovation Index 2021: NITI Aayog.
5. Nandan Nilekani on an Egalitarian Internet — Episode 15 of Brave New World.
6. The Swedish Hitmaker Behind Britney Spears, Taylor Swift and the Weeknd — Neil Shah in the Wall Street Journal.
7. 2022 Edelman Trust Barometer.
8. Why Nations Fail — Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson.
9. The Narrow Corridor — Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson.
10. James Robinson on What Makes a Successful State — Episode 19 of Brave New World.
11. That Fancy University Course? It Might Actually Come From an Education Company — Lisa Bannon and Rebecca Smith in the Wall Street Journal.
12. The Innovator’s Dilemma — Clayton M Christensen.
13. Law and Education in Our Modern World — Episode 5 of Brave New World (w John Sexton).
14. Too much efficiency not good for higher education, March argues — Stanford University News Service.
15. Uplift the Unremarkables — Episode 2 of Brave New World (w Scott Galloway).
Check out Vasant Dhar’s newsletter on Substack. Subscription is free!