In principle, you can take a single cell from an animal and feed an entire village. It’s a matter of time. In the meantime, there are alternatives, like fermentation, to produce all kinds of new substitutes that could be better than meat in terms of nutrition and taste. Paul Shapiro joins Vasant Dhar in episode 53 of Brave New World to discuss how meat alternatives are the future — and liberating for animals and the environment.
1. Paul Shapiro on LinkedIn, Twitter, Wikipedia and his own website.
2. Clean Meat: How Growing Meat Without Animals Will Revolutionize Dinner and the World — Paul Shapiro.
3. The Clean Meat website.
5. Is Old Music Killing New Music? — Ted Gioia.
6. Maneka Gandhi on Animal Rights — Episode 44 of Brave New World.
7. Animal Liberation — Peter Singer.
8. Animal Farming and Protein — Vasant Dhar.
9. My Octopus Teacher — Pippa Ehrlich and James Reed.
10. The Innovator’s Dilemma — Clayton M Christensen.
Check out Vasant Dhar’s newsletter on Substack. Subscription is free!